Google SERP Volatility – May 28 – Jun 03
There was a volatility spike on Friday, Jun 03.
During this Jun 03 spike, the following SERP features were changed:
- Reviews (Stars) – noticeable drop
- Video Thumbnail – slight increase
- Knowledge Panel – increase
- Info – slight decrease
- Dictionary – noticeable increase
- Disambiguation – slight decrease
- Related search – slight increase
- HTTPS – noticeable increase
Other things that happened this week:
- Google Status Update On Penguin: It’s Closer & Hopeful Not Too Far Off
- Google To Use Mobile Page Speed In Mobile Friendly Ranking Algorithm Soonish
Google SERP Features Search Intelligence Report
During this week, the following SERP features updates were spotted (for detailed description of their names see Google SERP Features Search Intelligence Tool):
Reviews (Stars) – noticeable drop on Jun 3.
Video Thumbnail – slight increase on Jun 3.
Knowledge Panel – increase on Jun 03.
Info – slight decrease on Jun 03.
Currency conversion – slight decrease trend during this week.
Dictionary – noticeable increase on Jun 03.
Disambiguation – slight decrease on Jun 03.
Stock – noticeable increase on May 30, then fluctuation around this value.
Sports – decrease trend continues this week.
Related search – growth trend continues during this week.
Local Pack – growth trend continues, slight increase on Jun 03.
HTTPS – noticeable increase on Jun 03.